Chicken and Potato Curry (Murgh Aur Aloo Ka Salan)
- Chicken 1 kg (cut into 12 pieces)
- Potatoes 3 (cut into 4 and deep fried)
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Onion ½ cup (ground)
- Oil ½ cup
- Mixed whole spices 1 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
- Red chilli powder 2 tsp heaped
- Green cardamom powder ½ tsp
- Nutmeg ¼ tsp (ground)
- Mace ¼ tsp (ground)
- Salt 1 ½ tsp
- Heat oil in a wok and add ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, coriander powder, salt and mixed whole spices and fry well adding a little water.
Add the chicken in the wok and mix it.
Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
Then mix the ground onion with yogurt and add it to the chicken
Cover it again and let it cook until the chicken becomes tender.
Add 1 cup of water, green cardamom powder, mace and nutmeg, and fried potatoes.
Simmer till done and serve hot.