Chicken Biryani Recipe in English
2 cups Ice_gid247′>Basmati rIce
3/4kg Chicken pieces
Onion 3 large, slIced
1 cup Yoghurt
1 tsp Ginger paste
1/2 tsp Garlic paste
1 tsp Green chilli paste
1/2 cup Tomato puree
2 tsp Red Chilli powder
1 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Cumin powder (roasted)
1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
2 tsp Garam masala powder
1/2 cup Milk
A pinch Saffron
1 tsp Coriander powder
Green Coriander leaves 2 tbsp, chopped
Water 3 1/2 cups
7 tbsp Oil
Salt as required
1. Make a mixture with tomato yoghurt, puree, green chilli paste, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder and salt.
2. Take the chicken and marinade it in the same mixture. Let it rest for 3-4 hours.
3. Put oil in a pan, heat it and fry onions till they turn golden brown.
4. Now, to this add the marinated chicken and cook the entire mixture for 10 mints.
5. After that in a pressure cooker, take the rice and add 3 1/2 cups of water to it. Also, take the saffron, mix with the milk and add to the rice.
6. Lastly, add the cardamom powder and the chicken pieces, along with the marinade.
7. Mix all the ingredients gently, cover with the cooker lid and pressure cook for 1 whistle.