Kheer of Rice
- Milk 2 kg
- Rice 1 cup
- Green cardamon grounded 5
- Sugar to taste
- Almonds and pistachios for garnishing
- Boil milk in an open mouthed pan.
- Add rice and bring to boil again.
- Reduce heat to low and cook stirring occasionally.
- Cook till the rice is very well done starts to break.
- Turn down the heat and let it cool down.
- Then grind it lightly with an electric hand grinder. (Don’t grind it fine)
- Put it back on the stove on medium flame.
- Cook till the kheer thickens to required consistency.
- Add sugar and mix well till dissolved.
- Check the sugar. (kheer will taste sweeter when cold)
- Pour in a serving dish and garnish with slivered almonds and pistachios.
- Serve cold.