Lahori Murgh Cholay
Chicken (cut into 14 pieces) 1 ½ kg
Chickpeas 1 cup
Oil 1 cup
Onion chopped 2
Turmeric 1 tsp
All spice 1 tsp
White cumin roasted and ground 1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
Ginger chopped 1 tbsp
Chili powder 1 tbsp
Baking soda ½ tsp
Split and washed black lentil 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
• Heat 1 cup oil in pan, add 1 chopped onion and fry till golden brown, now add in 1 ½ kg chicken pieces and fry till water dries.
• Add in 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste, 1 tsp turmeric, 1 tbsp chili powder, 1 tsp all spice and salt to taste. Fry well.
• Now remove water of soaked chickpeas, boil with 2 tbsp red lentil and 3 to 4 glasses of fresh water on low flame.
• When the water comes to a boil add ½ tsp baking powder and boil till tender. Turn the flame off.
• Now in the chicken mixture add 3 chopped tomatoes and fry well for few minutes, add 2 cup water and cook till boiling.
• Then add 1 tbsp chopped ginger, 1 tsp roasted crushed cumin and boiled chickpeas. Simmer on low flame till oil comes on top. serve with naan.