Lucknowi Biryani Recipe by Zubaida Apa
LUCKNOWI BIRYANI by Zubaida Apa’s Handi
Chicken (14 pieces) 1
Yogurt 1 cup
Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
Rice 2 ½ cup
White cumin 1 tsp
Small cardamom 6
Chopped green chilies 4
Salt to taste
Fresh milk 1 cup
Saffron as required
Clarified butter 1 cup
Ginger 1 piece
Big cardamom 3
Bay leaves 1
Fennel seeds 1 tsp]
Coriander seeds 1 tbsp
Khewra few drops
• Add in 1 chicken in a pan, and add in 1 onion, 1 piece ginger, bay leaves, 1 tsp fennel seeds, 1 tbsp coriander seeds, big cardamom and few drops of khewra essence in a potli and add it in the chicken.
• Add in 3-4 cups of water. Make stock and cook it till the chicken tenders. Then take out the stock. Take out all the essence of potli by pressing it.
• Crush 1 tsp white cumin and 6 small cardamom.
• Now take 1 cup clarified butter in the pan and add in chopped onion till they are golden brown. Take out half onion and add in 1 cup yogurt in the pan and add in 1 tbsp ginger garlic, small cardamom, white cumin and chopped green chilies. cook the chicken.
• When the chicken is cooked add in the stock. Then add in the rice and some salt. Cove the pan. When the water dries, add in the chicken and onion.
• From the top add in 1 cup fresh milk and saffron.
• Simmer it dish it out and serve.