Mutton Biryani Masala by Chef Zakir
- ½ kg boneless mutton
- 1 onion
- 1 cup clarified butter
- 250 grams yogurt
- 4-5 large green chilies
- 4-5 aniseeds
- 300 grams rice
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp hot spices powder
- ½ tsp yellow food color
- ½ tsp nutmeg and mace
- ½ tsp large cardamoms
- 2 tsp kewra
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tbsp papaya paste
- 2 tbsp red chili powder
- whole hot spices as required
- salt to taste
- In a bowl, coat ½ boneless mutton with 2 tbsp papaya paste, 1 tbsp turmeric powder, 250 grams yougurt, 1 tbsp hot spices powder, salt to taste, hot spices as required, 4-5 aniseeds, 4-5 green chilies and 100 grams plums and leave it for 10 to 15 minutes, in a different pna, heat ½ ckup clarified butter to cook 1 onion until it turns golden brown.
- Then add 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add coated mutton pieces and cook for 10 minutes and turn off the flame.
- In a different pan water to boil rice.
- When rice is well cooked pour half of the rice in biryani masala.
- Wait for few minutes and include rest of the rice in it. On the top of it apply a ayer of melted clarified butter.
- Also add ½ tsp mace and nutmeg and ½ cardamom powder.
- Then mix 2 tbsp kewra and ½ tsp yellow food color and pour it around rice and allow simmering for 10 to 12 minutes in covered pan.
- Your delicious mutton biryani masala ir ready, serve hot.