Chef Zakir Achari Biryani Recipes in Urdu English
Achari Biryani by Chef Zakir on Masala TV
Rice ½ kg
Chicken ½ kg
Salt to taste
Ginger garlic paste 2 tbsp
Onion chopped 2
Yogurt 250 gm
Chili powder 1 tbsp
Coriander seeds crushed 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds 1 tbsp
Pickled masala 3 tbsp
Mix whole spices as required
Green chilies 4 – 5
Turmeric 1 tsp
Coriander leaves ¼ bunch
Mint leaves ¼ bunch
Kewra 2 tbsp
Ghee ½ cup
Plum 100 gm
• Heat ghee in a pan, add 2 chopped onion and sauté till golden brown. Remove a little brown onion and keep aside.
• In the remaining onion add 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste and ½ kg chicken. Fry well till chicken is golden brown in color.
• Then add in 3 tbsp mix pickled spices, 3 tbsp yogurt, a little turmeric, 1 tbsp chili powder, 1 tbsp coriander leaves, 1 tbsp cumin seeds, mix whole spices and salt to taste.
• Cover and cook on low flame for 10 – 12 minutes till chicken is tender, cut 4 – 5 green chilies into halves and add to the pan, also add ¼ bunch of coriander leaves, ¼ bunch of mint leaves, 3 chopped tomatoes and 100 gm plum.
• In a pan boil water with a little salt. Add in rice and boil for a few minutes.
• Remove a little rice and spread on top of chicken mixture. When the rice a little tender spread on top of chicken.
• Spreads top with 2 tbsp kewra and brown onion. Simmer on low flame for 8 – 10 minutes.